pregnancy and labor support.
Having a baby can be an overwhelming experience. Expecting parents are making important decision from where to give birth, which carseats are the best and what birthing classes to take.
As your doula, I support YOU. My goal as part of your birth team:
- Educate and support you and your partner
- Provide you with referrals
- Help your family make a smooth transition into parenthood
What is a doula?
A doula is a birth professional who provides support to expecting families during pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum. Doulas offer a range of services, check with your doula on the services he/she offers.
Is a doula right for me?
Doulas provide families with a wealth of information and unbiased support. Some ways a doula can benefit you:
- You want personalized, experienced and professional support during childbirth.
- Your partner may have never attended a birth before and is inexperienced with labor support.
- Your partner may want a rest break/meal.
- *Doulas do not replace partners, rather we help prepare families and empower partners.
What are the benefits of working with a doula?
Research shows that:
- Women who give birth with a doula have a lower risk of cesarean section.
- More likely to give birth spontaneously and without the use of vacuum or forceps
- Have shorter labors and overall positive birth experience
2298 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy, Suite 215
Henderson, NV 89052
What is included in doula services:
- Two prenatal appointments
- Birth plan assistance
- Comfort measures and laboring positions demo
- Unlimited phone, text and email support
- Continuous birth and labor support
- One postpartum visit
- Doula clients receive 25% off all yoga classes
What clients are saying...
Why I became a doula?
I love birth. I really love birth. It's beautiful and remarkable what the human body can do. In all it's variations. But that is NOT why I became a doula.
Before the birth of my first son, my mother affirmed me in my birthing decisions. She told me, "Angela, you come from a strong line a women, you can do this." My mother was not born in this country and my grandmother endured great hardship, including war. My mom did not attend my birth (I had a doula), but her words stuck with me.
I became a doula because I have been called to help women reclaim their power during pregnancy and childbirth.
Women are magnificent and powerful beings. My birth philosophy is respectful and informed care. I am not here to persuade you to make on choice or another. I am here to support whatever choice best fits your family.
Being a yoga practitioner puts me in a special position. My general disposition is calm and relaxed. Which is an energy I bring into the birth space. I also posses years of experience in different breathing exercises as well as mindfulness practice. I practice regular self-care which enables me to bring the best version of myself wherever I am.
I work with a team of highly skilled and trained doulas. Together we are able to support one another, and provide reliable back-up care. I would trust any of these ladies at my own birth! I take a limited amount of clients each month, so booking in advance is highly recommend. If you would like to work me you can schedule a free consultation.