Why start an at home yoga practice?
There are many good reasons to start a home practice. It could be something simple as limited financial resources, time, or you are just looking to tune into yourself and deepen your practice. Whatever your motivation, a home practice is excellent to begin at any time.
- Maintain a consistent practice
- Deeper personal practice
- Reduce stress and bring calmness and serenity into everyday life
- Increase mindfulness
- Move through each day with ease
Who should start a home practice?
Anyone can start a home practice during anytime, however I recommend for beginners to seek the guidance of a Registered Yoga Teacher in order to learn proper alignment and prevent injury.
Tips for starting a home practice:
- Create a clean and comfortable space free from distractions
- Pick a specific time each day to practice
- Start with a guided practice (this can be under the guidance of a yoga teacher, video or printed handout)
- Invest in props (yoga mat, blocks, blankets, bolsters, straps)
- Set an intention for each practice
Well balanced yoga practice includes:
- Centering and breath work
- Yoga postures or asanas
- Standing poses, balancing, forward and backbends, seated postures, twists
- Relaxation or savasana
If you want guidance for starting your own home practice, I offer in-home private lessons for those looking to go a little bit deeper on their yoga journey, or seeking relief in their body.